Our Local SEO – Step by Step Checklist Guide 2019
Are you needing a no nonsense checklist on how t0 SEO optimize your local business online? Use our easy to follow checklist below to start increasing visibility to your website and Google listing by following the tasks below.
I’ll keep updating this checklist to keep it relevant or if anything changes to the algorithm that could affect the results.
Also if you’d like us to help and do it for you then you can contact us for a free consultation here
Step1 – Local Listing Set-Up
*Set Up Local Profile ASAP
- Google My Business
- Bing Local
- Yahoo Local
Step2 – Your Listing Optimized
- Business Name
- Photos & Videos
- Contact Info
- Hours of Business
Step3 – Getting Regular Client REVIEWS every month
- Check Competition
- Start with Best Customers
- Start Asking for Reviews – Google, Yahoo, Bing, TrustPilot
Step4 – Adding Regular Name, Address & Phone (NAP)Citation
- Start with the Important NAP Sites
- Which Country you based In?
- Add New NAP Citations Every Month
Step5 – Listed in Industrial Directories
- Search for Industry Specific Directories
- Check where competitors Listed > Get Listed There
Step6 – Must-Have Separate Page in Every Product/Services Offer
- List Every Product / Services you offer
- Create a Unique page for every product or services
Step7 – Do you have Long Form Pages – min. 500 words?
- Check Hard Drive for Content. You can used, eg: Presentation, Proposals, FAQs, Email Outbox.
Step8 – Optimized every page of you website
- Identify Target Keyword for every page
- Create UNIQUE Metatags (Title, description) for EVERY Page
- Crete Keyword Rich URL’s for EVERY Product or Services Page
- Add Keywords to Headings H1,H2,H3
- Add keywords to text +/- 2 to 3%
- Link to other pages from within the text
- Optimize Images
Step9- Do You Have Many External Website Linking to Your Website?
*Go for Quick Wins eg:
- Give Testimonials to Local Suppliers
- LinkBack from Social Media profiles eg: Twitter, Facebook, & Linkedin
- Paid Authority Directories, eg. Business.com
Step10 – Have you Completed All Optimization Tasks?
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- XML Sitemap & Robots.txt
Step11 – Does Your Website Load Faster Than Your Competitors?
- Run speed test
- Switch to SSD Hosting
Step12 – Is Your Website Mobile-Friendly?
- Check Mobile-Friendly Test
- Set Up Mobile Site or Switch to Responsive Design
Step13 – Is Your Website Safe and Secure?
- Switch to SSL
- Set Up an Anti-Malware Site Seal
Step 14 – Do You Have a Blog Set-Up
- Set Up WordPress Blog
- Check Competitors Blogs for Ideas
- Identify Leading Blogs in your Niche
- Create a Schedule of 10-15 Blog Posts Based on Your FAQs
Step 15 – Do You Know What to Blog About
- Target Market? Individuals or Businesses?
*Businesses (Choose from the Following) – Newsletter, How To Guides, Buyers Guide, List Based Content e,g 21 Ways to …, Best Practices Guides, Product Reviews, Best of List, Ways to Use List, Screen Capture Videos, Predictions/Old vs New Content, Infographics, Frequently Ask Questions(FAQ), Common Mistakes with Content, Case Studies, Checklist Content
*Individuals (Choose from the Following) – Newsletter, How To Guides, Local Interest, List Based Content e,g 21 Ways To…, Seasonal /Holiday/Guides/What’s On/Upcoming Events, Best of List, Ways To Use List, Product Videos, Predictions/Old vs News Content/ Latest Fashion Trends, Checklist Content
Step 16 – Is Your Content Optimized for SEO & Sharing?
- Attention-Grabbing Headline
- Identify Target Keywords
- Include Keywords in Meta Tags
- Keyword in Title and Headings
- Keyword in URL
- Optimize Images
- Add related Keywords in Text
- Link Internally to Other Posts
- Link Externally to Authority Content
- Add Social Sharing Buttons
- Check Mobile Ready
- Check Load Speed
Step 17 – Do You Use Video Extensively Throughout Your Website
*Set Up Youtube Channel > Are you Happy to appear on Video?
If Yes, Choose from the following
- Whiteboard Presentation
- Product or Services Description
- HeadShot/Interview Style
- Talking FAQ/Hints & Tips
If No, Choose from the following
- Before & After Examples
- Talking Slides
- Screen Capture
*Have You Optimised Your Videos for SEO? If Yes Next Topic
IF NO, Do the Following for All Videos
- Choose Keywords for All Videos
- Add Keyword Rich Title & Metatags in youtube
- Transcribe Video & Create a Blog Post with Video Embed
- Optimize Blog Post (Title, MetaTags, Headings, etc)
IF YES, Does Your Website Create Trust?
Yes, Relax and Have Coffee
Not Sure > Professional Accreditations, Supplier Logos, Guarantees – All of these clearly Displayed on All Pages,.
If this helps your local business or you would like to give me feedback or you may message us at [email protected]