Step3 – Getting Regular Client REVIEWS every month
- Check Competition
- Start with the Best Customers
- Start Asking for Reviews – Google, Yahoo, Bing, TrustPilot
Step4 – Adding Regular Name, Address & Phone (NAP)Citation
- Start with the Important NAP Sites
- Which Country are you based In?
- Add New NAP Local SEO Citations Every Month
Step5 – Listed in Industrial Directories
- Search for Industry Specific Directories (start with ones that show up for keywords when searching on Google and see if you can add your business)
- Check where competitors are listed > Get listed there (You can use a tool like Brightlocal to do this)
Step6 – Must-Have Separate Page in Every Product/Services Offer
- List Every Product / Service you offer
- Create a unique page for every product or service
Step7 – Do you have Long Form Pages – min. 500 words?
- Check Hard Drive for Content. You can use, eg: presentations, proposals, FAQs, and email outbox.
Step8 – Optimized every page of your website
- Identify Target keywords for every page
- Create UNIQUE Metatags (Title, description) for EVERY Page you want to rank
- Create Keyword Rich URLs for EVERY Product or Services Page you want to rank
- Add Keywords to Headings H1, H2, H3
- Add keywords to text +/- 2 to 3%
- Link to other pages from within the text
- Optimize Images
Step9- Do You Have Many External Websites Linking to Your Website?
*Go for Quick Wins eg:
- Give Testimonials to Local Suppliers
- LinkBack from Social Media profiles eg: Twitter, Facebook, & Linkedin
- Paid Authority Directories, eg. Business.com
Step 10 – Have you Completed All Optimization Tasks?
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- XML Sitemap & Robots.txt
Step 11 – Does Your Website Load Faster Than Your Competitors?
- Run speed test
- Switch to SSD Hosting
Step 12 – Is Your Website Mobile-Friendly?
- Check Mobile-Friendly Test
- Set Up Mobile Site or Switch to Responsive Design
Step 13 – Is Your Website Safe and Secure?
- Switch to SSL
- Set Up an Anti-Malware Site Seal
Step 14 – Do You Have a Blog Set-Up
- Set Up WordPress Blog
- Check Competitor’s Blogs for ideas
- Identify Leading Blogs in your Niche
- Create a Schedule of 10-15 Blog Posts Based on Your FAQs
Step 15 – Do You Know What to Blog About
- Target Market? Individuals or Businesses?
*Businesses (Choose from the Following) – Newsletter, How To Guides, Buyers Guide, List Based Content e,g 21 Ways to …, Best Practices Guides, Product Reviews, Best of List, Ways to Use List, Screen Capture Videos, Predictions/Old vs New Content, Infographics, Frequently Ask Questions(FAQ), Common Mistakes with Content, Case Studies, Checklist Content
*Individuals (Choose from the Following) – Newsletter, How To Guides, Local Interest, List Based Content e,g 21 Ways To…, Seasonal /Holiday/Guides/What’s On/Upcoming Events, Best of List, Ways To Use List, Product Videos, Predictions/Old vs News Content/ Latest Fashion Trends, Checklist Content
Step 16 – Is Your Content Optimized for SEO & Sharing?
- Attention-Grabbing Headline
- Identify Target Keywords
- Include Keywords in Meta Tags
- Keywords in Title and Headings
- Keyword in URL
- Optimize Images
- Add related keywords in the text
- Link Internally to Other Posts
- Link Externally to Authority Content
- Add Social Sharing Buttons
- Check Mobile Ready
- Check Load Speed
Step 17 – Do You Use Video Extensively Throughout Your Website?
*Set Up Youtube Channel > Are you Happy to appear on Video?
If Yes, Choose from the following
- Whiteboard Presentation
- Product or Services Description
- HeadShot/Interview Style
- Talking FAQ/Hints & Tips
If No, Choose from the following
- Before & After Examples
- Talking Slides
- Screen Capture
*Have You Optimised Your Videos for SEO? If Yes Next Topic
IF NO, Do the Following for All Videos
- Choose Keywords for All Videos
- Add Keyword Rich Title & Metatags in youtube
- Transcribe Video & Create a Blog Post with Video Embed
- Optimize Blog Post (Title, MetaTags, Headings, etc)
IF YES, Does Your Website Create Trust?
Yes, Relax and Have Coffee
Not Sure > Professional Accreditations, Supplier Logos, Guarantees – All of these clearly Displayed on All Pages,
If this helps or you don’t have the time or expertise to get this all done for your local business or you would like to give me feedback or you may message us at Jeremiah@skytidedigital.com